Last update on 2022-06-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Once again, we’re putting the behemoth that is Garmin against another tough competitor: Wahoo.
How do these watches measure up against each other? Let’s look at some factors that will help you choose the ideal watch between these two.
Garmin Watch vs Wahoo Compared
Battery life is an essential factor to look at when planning for a smart watch. So how does Wahoo compare to Garmin?
On a single charge, your Wahoo watch battery gets you up to 14 days of use on smartwatch mode. Heavily using the GPS and Heart Rate Monitor the battery will get you just about 24 hours of use.
Most Garmin watch batteries can serve you for up to 30 days while using smartwatch mode. The GPS mode on Garmin watches lasts up to 60 hours of use.
On top of that, some Garmin watches also use solar energy to charge, and this can get you several more hours of use away from your charger.
Garmin wins, but ever so slightly. Both smartwatches can last several weeks on a single charge, but your Garmin watch will last much longer, especially with its solar charging feature.
Health and Fitness Tracking
Garmin watches have dynamic sensors and features that monitor, record and analyze your physical health and fitness condition.
Some of them are:
- On wrist-Based heart rate that observes your heart rate and alerts you when the heartbeat rate is too high or low.
- Body Battery Energy Monitoring checks the levels of energy in the body and determines when you should engage in any activity or rest.
- Stress and sleep tracking sensor, which monitors the levels of stress in your body and also tracks your sleeping patterns.
- Rep counting features that keep a tab on the number of the reps, sets you’ve done. You’ll not need to count over your mind.
- During intense activities, the hydration tracking feature checks on your hydration levels and suggests to you the right time to drink water.
Compared to Garmin, Wahoo watches have much fewer sensors. For example, they have:
- An altimeter that measures changes in elevation
- A compass that gives you accurate directions based on its GPS
- An accelerometer that measures motion and vibration to determine key measurements
- A step counter to track your running, jogging or walking activities
- A distance tracker to measure how far you’ve gone running, cycling or walking.
- A calorie tracker measures how many active calories you’ve burned in your workouts
- A timer to measure your workout time
It also features a heart rate monitor but outside of that, there isn’t much else.
Garmin watches have a wider range of sensors that track your health and fitness data. In comparison, Wahoo has fewer features, and sometimes Wahoo watches are lacking. For example, they have no stress and sleep trackers.
Also read Garmin Watch Vs. Wear OS
Design and Display
Wahoo customizes their watches to fit triathletes. Although elegant, these clearly aren’t fashionable watches. They come with gorilla glass watch faces to prevent scratching and impact damage during training.
Wahoo watches also come with sturdy silicone bands that fit comfortably on your wrist, designed for extended wearing.
Most Garmin watches have rugged designs which can withstand aggressive use. They come standard with gorilla glass watch faces that can withstand impacts and scratches.
In addition, many of them are water resistant. With excellent water ratings, you can swim wearing them. An AMOLED display gives you clear visibility as you track your live data during activities.
Wahoo watches have much better displays. Their Perfect View zoom feature allows you to zoom on specific workout data to read it easily.
Despite that, Garmin watches still win, as they have magnificent displays and matching durability.
What To Look For When Buying a Watch
If you’re looking to buy a smartwatch, ensure that it meets these criteria:
Look for a watch that’s compatible with your smartphone. Ideally get a smartwatch that can pair with both Android or Apple devices. Find out more about access to apps and just how many can work with your phone.
Sometimes, you’ll find some features or apps don’t work with your smartphone even though both devices pair and work seamlessly.
Often, there’s a strong relationship between pricing and premium features. Ensure that the smartwatch you choose has all the features you need at a fair price.
Expensive watches aren’t always the best, although they’re often feature laden.
Cheaper watches aren’t bad either, provided they have all the essential features you need.
Invest in a long-lasting device. While it may not be cheap at the moment, it’s cheaper in the long run.
Battery life is key when choosing a smartwatch. Therefore, go for a watch that can last you longer on one charge. Frequent recharging may waste time and affect the quality, durability and functionality of your watch.
A watch with a battery saving mode is much better than one without. Watches with fast charging or solar charging technology are always better options too.
Shock and Water Resistance
Get a robust watch with a stainless steel or reinforced fiberglass case. A gorilla glass watch face is often an excellent investment as well, preventing cosmetic damage to your watch.
A good water rating helps, especially if you perform activities that expose your watch to heavy sweating, water splashes and full water immersion.
Best Garmin Watches
Garmin Instinct Solar
- Vastly extended battery life through solar charging
- Rugged GPS Watch is water-rated to 100 meters and constructed to U.S. military standard 810 for thermal, shock and water resistance
- Built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) track in more challenging...
Last update on 2022-06-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Instinct Solar features a fiber-reinforced polymer case and watch face with scratch-resistant corning gorilla glass. This watch passed US military tests for thermal shock and water resistance, and is ideal for aggressive use and harsh environments.
Here are other outstanding features it has:
- Incredible battery life, with up to 54 days of use in smartwatch mode. In battery saver mode you can use this watch for longer. Also, it’s solar charging capability can be useful for people with outdoor lifestyles.
- It’s compatible with both Apple and Android phones. You can connect this watch to your smartphone using Bluetooth or cellular networks.
- Comes preloaded with sport apps that track swimming, running, hiking and other activities.
- This watch supports advanced navigation satellite systems such as Galileo and GLONASS. You can navigate through challenging areas and track yourself in real-time.
- The ABC sensor monitors the elevation of altitude and atmospheric pressure, which assists you in predicting weather patterns.
- An on-wrist heart rate sensor monitors your heartbeat and alerts you of irregular cardiac events
- Long battery life
- Powerful navigation system
- Solar Charging
- No microphone and speaker
- No onboard music storage
Garmin Venu 2S
- Suit your style with a smartwatch that's available in two colors and features a bright AMOLED display
- Get an uninterrupted picture of your health with battery life up to 10 days in smartwatch mode
- Get up to 7 hours of battery life in GPS mode with music, plus rapid recharging and battery saver mode
Last update on 2022-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This lightweight smartwatch comes with support for the world’s most advanced satellite navigation systems. The Venu 2S has a beautiful AMOLED display that’s always on, visible at all times.
A durable corning gorilla glass watch face prevents scratches and fragility. Its silicone bands also feel comfortable to wear for extended periods..
Other features the Venu 2S has include:
- A battery that lasts up to 10 days in smartwatch mode, and 19 hours in GPS mode. Interestingly, a 10-minute to recharge will last you up to 24 hours on moderate use and up to an hour of GPS use with music.
- It has a water-rating of 5 ATMs, ideal for a rainy environment. At this level, It’s also sweat resistant.
- The Pulse Ox sensor checks your blood oxygen saturation levels at any point of the day and shows how well your body absorbs oxygen.
- Stress tracking feature that monitor the level of stress in your body and alerts you.
- Women’s health tracking that helps women monitor their menstrual cycles and pregnancies.
- Comfortable bands
- Safety and tracking features
- AMOLED display
- 5 ATM water rating
- No ABC sensor
Best Wahoo Watches
Wahoo Fitness TICKR FIT
- CONNECT HEART RATE TO YOUR FAVORITE TRAINING APPS AND DEVICES - Proven technology delivers accurate heart rate and calories to the Wahoo Fitness and other...
- DUAL-BAND ANT+ & BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY - Both ANT+ and Bluetooth capabilities allow for a wireless connection to both smartphones and GPS devices at the same...
- REAL-TIME HEART RATE, CALORIE, & WORKOUT DURATION TRACKING - TICKR measures vital workout metrics, including heart rate, calorie burn, and workout duration in...
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It’s a comfortable lightweight wrist watch that uses Elemnt technology. It comes with robust features like the Touchless transition,which tracks triathlon activities automatically.
The watch has a large color display, an ambient light sensor and Perfect View Zoom which helps you view your workout data in any light condition with just a glance.
Other features on the Elemnt include:
- A Gorilla glass watch face that protects your Elemnt rival watch from external impact and damage.
- Elemnt Rival comes with 12 preloaded Wahoo sports science design sessions that guide you through your workouts.
- If you’re a cyclist, this watch can share race data with your Elemnt bike computer automatically.
- You can track your heart rate, step, calories data, with this information you can use to optimize your fitness workout to attain your training goals.
- The Elemnt companion smartphone app can create your workout profiles, customize your workout screens, and link your Elemnt RIVAL to your favorite fitness apps and wireless sensors.
- This watch can send and receive call, text and email notifications. You can interact with other people even when your phone is away.
- Good GPS
- Excellent display resolution
- Detailed in-app tracking
- Limited health and fitness features
If you are a sports person, both watches can help you achieve your fitness goals. Each watch will give you a unique experience.
However, Garmin watches have more comprehensive features for athletes than Wahoo Watches.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?