Last update on 2023-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you have a large wrist, it can be quite frustrating to find a smartwatch that fits you. Fitbit, however, will provide you with smartwatches and trackers that fit you, no matter your wrist size.
Let’s answer some questions users have and look at some devices that will fit your wrist.
Do Fitbits Fit Large Wrists?
Yes. They do.
For users to get the best out of Fitbit wearables, well-fitting bands are essential. Fitbit wearables come with bands that fit different wrists sizes.
Also, the company makes custom-sized watches for users who can’t find a suitable fit with standard strap sizes.
Since their inception, Fitbit devices have always come in just two sizes: small and large. They offer no provision for medium-sized wrists, but that’s understandable.
Despite coming in just two sizes, these devices have large-enough straps to fit anyone.
So what does this mean for customers with large wrists?
If your wrist can’t fit standard size band sizes, you can order for the extra-large sizes through the Fitbit website.
Once you feed your unique measurements into your Fitbit account, your device will ship to you with custom band sizes.
Does Fitbit Make An Extra Large Band?
Yes, they do.
Fitbit helps you pick the right band size for a comfortable feel and a proper fit. A neat fit increases contact between your watch and your skin, enhancing the performance of sensors on your device.
Custom orders have also given Fitbit an edge in the wearables market. You can order for a device with a unique wrist fit through the Fitbit website. Once you send in your measurements, they’ll deliver your wearables with fitting straps.
You can print out and cut out Fitbit’s sizing tool. It uses simple steps you can follow to measure the circumference of your wrist.
You can also accessorize with either woven bands or sports bands in different colors and sizes to match your sense of style.
What Is Considered A Large Wrist Size?
Wrist sizes will vary from person to person. A small wrist to some might be a large wrist to others, and there’s no specific measure for what a large wrist size is.
Using standard Fitbit measurements, however, a 6.7 to 8.1-inch wrist is large. Some wrists are larger, and they measure up to 9.3 inches in circumference.
How To Choose The Right Size Wrist Watch?
Choosing the right wrist size involves taking some measurements. There several ways you can measure your wrist size for your Fitbit device:
Use a Tape Measure
Measuring your wrist with a tape measure is the most accurate method you can use. Run a tape measure around your wrist and measure both the smallest and largest areas.
For an ideal fit, you need to have bands that can move up and down. It lets you move your Fitbit device two or three fingers up to improve skin contact and enhance sensor function. You’ll also have space to let the band hang loose for rest.
Use the Fitbit Sizing Tool
The Fitbit sizing tool also works like a tape measure. Print it and cut out the sample band and wrap it around your wrist to determine your measurements. Pick the size the arrow on the sample band points to.
You can try out other methods like the ones below:
Use a Piece of String
Tie a string around your wrist and measure its length. Measure both the largest and the smallest circumference. Measure this string and determine that length.
Use your Fingers
Wrap your thumb and smallest finger around your wrist and measure the length. However, this type of measurement can be quite unreliable. Unless you’re absolutely out of options, don’t use this method.
Best Fitbit For Extra Large Wrists
There are many Fitbit products for extra large wrist customers. Let’s look at some of them:
Fitbit Charge 4
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and more and see a workout intensity map in the app that shows your...
- With Active Zone Minutes, feel a buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones during exercise, and celebrate when you earn extra minutes outside of exercise
- Get a 90-day free trial of the Fitbit Premium to help you stay active, sleep well and manage stress. Unlock it all in the Fitbit app. (Valid payment method...
Last update on 2023-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
At just $130, the Fitbit Charge 4 is ideal for customers with larger wrists. It has a circumference that ranges from 5.5 up to 7.1- inches, which is sufficient for many wrist sizes.
These wearables also come in sizes that range from 7.1 to 8.7 inches for extra large wrists. You can choose between woven and sports bands, and both variations come in different colors.
The Fitbit 4 can perform some exceptional functions which include:
- An All-Day Activity Tracking Feature tracks your steps, the distance you’ve covered, and calories burned. It also tracks your active minutes, your hourly activities and your stationary time.
- Oxygen Saturation Feature tracks the level of oxygen in your blood, which helps you monitor changes in your fitness and wellness.
- Other key features like skin temperature variation, heat rate variability and breathing rate help measure other essential body metrics for better health.
- An inbuilt GPS measures your pace and the distance you’ve covered. You can use your Fitbit Charge 4 without a smartphone.
- The Fitbit Charge 4 is water resistant up to a depth of 50 meters, ideal for swimming and training in wet conditions.
- You can also set personalized workouts that your Fitbit Charge 4 will take you through.
- Get a host of smart applications with the Charge 4. By swiping, you can access basic apps like an alarm, a stopwatch or weather readings for your location.
- You can sync this device with your phone or other devices using Bluetooth and NFC to make payments. You can also get your notifications, control your music and control your fitness app directly from your band.
- Longer Battery life
- Built-in GPS
- Intensity Map
- Water Resistant
- Active Zone Minutes
- No color display
- EDA Scan app detects electrodermal activity which may indicate your body's response to stress and a built-in skin temperature sensor logs yours each night so...
- Assess your heart for atrial fibrillation –a heart rhythm irregularity- and easily share results with your doctor (The Fitbit ECG app is only available in...
- An on-wrist skin temperature sensor tracks yours each night so you can see how it varies. You can also see your nightly blood oxygen levels at a glance with our...
Last update on 2023-11-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There is no better stress management smartwatch like the Fitbit Sense. With bands that range from 5.5 inches to 8.7 inches, Fitbit Sense is an exceptional fit for large wrists.
This device also features advanced tools and a 6-month free premium trial for new users.
Here are some amazing features the Sense offers:
- The Fitbit Sense is compatible with the ECG app. You can monitor your heart rate for when it is above or below your standard levels. It also helps assess your heart for atrial fibrillation.
- You can connect your phone to the Fitbit Sense and take your calls, messages and app notifications directly. Android users can also send in quick replies and voice notes.
- This device syncs with the Fitbit app to help you track your progress from one place. You can also enjoy personalized guidance with a premium subscription.
- Fitbit Sense helps women track their ovulation and log periods during their menstrual cycles.
The Fitbit Sense smartwatch has all the features that the Charge 4 has, but with a 6-day battery, fast charging, better design and an array of leather, woven and sports bands you can choose from.
- Monitors blood oxygen level
- 6-day battery life
- Fast charge
- Woven, leather and sports band options
- GPS and NFC
- Band latch can go off anytime
- Lack of buttons makes it hard to use
- You can’t maximise its use without premium Fitbit
- See how jewelry gets smart with a tracker that doubles as a timeless accessory and features a vibrant color display. Apple iOS 15 or higher, Android OS 9 or...
- Get better sleep to power your days with sleep tracking and sleep Score in the Fitbit app
- Feel a Buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones, while you earn active zone minutes
Last update on 2023-11-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Luxe is the latest Fitbit tracker in the market. It uses a fashion-motivated design but with performance and fitness features in mind. From about $149.95 you can choose between any of four colors available.
Luxe comes with the standard small and large wrist sizes but also has a special edition size that ranges from 5.3 to 7.5 inches. It also comes with Google Fast Pair for android users to set up their devices with ease.
With the Fitbit Luxe you can:
- Call, text and receive phone notifications directly to your smartwatch
- Isolate yourself and focus by muting all notifications whenever you want.
- Wake up to a smart vibration instead of a noisy alarm, helping you start your day in peace.
- Choose between a stainless steel mesh, gorjana parker link or leather double-wrap bands for a stylish look.
Just like the Fitbit Charge 4, this tracker also has health, fitness and smart features that help you stay healthy.
You can enjoy up to 5 days of battery power with this device so you won’t have to charge it as often. If you prefer trackers over smartwatches, then Luxe will look good and work great for you.
- Fashion design
- Colored interface
- Ability to track activities
- Monitors HRV and breathing activities
- No NFC or Built in GPS
- No SpO2 tracking in this device.
If you’re looking for a fitness tracker that fits large wrists, Fitbit offers some excellent devices to choose from.
Not only will you choose your wristband size, but you’ll also choose between different designs and materials that suit your personal taste and style.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?