Are you ready to become the best version of yourself?
Then you might be ready to invest in a helpful smartwatch. While some of the earliest smartwatches were primarily used to send texts or make phone calls, newer models are more capable.
Fitness-friendly smartwatches could be the optimal addition to an active lifestyle. With heart rate monitoring, step tracking, a whole host of other features, there’s little reason not to add a new smartwatch to your standard exercise gear.
If you are into biking or cycling, make sure to check our selection of smartwatches for biking.
Do You Live an Active Lifestyle?
There are several different activity levels a person can exhibit. In general, these levels are classified into four distinct categories:
- Lightly Active
- Moderately Active
- Very Active
There are advantages and disadvantages associated with each of these levels. Still, practicing a sedentary lifestyle could be dangerous. Those who fall into this level of activity tend to get very little (if any) exercise.
Living a sedentary lifestyle isn’t hard to do, especially if you’re employed full-time in a position that requires you to work behind a desk. Waking up, getting in your car, grabbing some coffee, and spending all day sitting at work is relatively normal.
However, sedentary habits and behaviors have been associated with considerable health risks, including obesity and heart disease. Alternatively, very active people may overexert themselves and risk harming the heart, joints, or bones.
Finding a healthy balance between exercise and rest is vital to staying fit, healthy, and relaxed. As such, lightly active lifestyles tend to be both popular and highly recommended. But what is a slightly active lifestyle?
What Is a Slightly Active Lifestyle?
Individuals are considered to be slightly active if they participate in light exercise or recreational sports at least once per week. Those that exercise more than three days per week are thought to be moderately active.
If you’re short on time or inspiration, you may want to add walking to your daily to-do list. Adding a few walks to your weekly schedule could help boost you out of the sedentary category and into the light activity level.
Using a pedometer can promote an active lifestyle, but it can be easy to forget and leave behind. But most smartphones and smartwatches come equipped with internal pedometers to help you easily count each heart-saving step.
Is It OK to Exercise Every Day?
Yes! Not only is it OK to exercise each day, but it’s even recommended! There are many types of exercises to attempt and conquer, and quite a few of them only require a few moments of your time.
As such, there’s almost no reason to not exercise every day. Still, if you’ve recently taken up exercise and are experiencing aches and pains, it’s completely normal to allow your body 24 hours of rest between exercise routines.
This can help your muscles heal and relax and may curb early quitting tendencies. Remember, while it is fine to exercise each day, you should never overexert yourself to the point of intense pain or exhaustion.
Keeping a fitness-forward smartwatch around your rest could help you to pace yourself, celebrate your goals, and keep an eye on your heart rate. Of course, not all smartwatches are the same.
Some offer in-depth exercise apps and features, while others do not.
Read more about Garmin Vs Fitbit For Cycling.
Things to Keep in Mind When Buying a Smartwatch
There are several things to keep in mind when buying a smartwatch. If you’ve never owned a smartwatch or fitness tracker before, you may not know what to look for (and what to avoid).
This can add a little anxiety and uncertainty to the shopping process. To feel more confident and knowledgeable, you’ll need to spend a few moments thinking about:
- Display Size
- Battery Life
Once you know what features you want from your new smartwatch, how large of a display you’ll need, how often you’re OK with charging it, and how much money you’re willing to spend, you’re ready to begin shopping.
To help you expedite this process, we’ve picked out five of the best smartwatches for an active lifestyle. Enjoy!
Best Budget Smartwatches for an Active Lifestyle
Now that you know what constitutes an active lifestyle, how much you should exercise each week, and what things to look for in a smartwatch, it’s time to reveal some of the best affordable smartwatches for an active lifestyle.
The following smartwatches are excellent options for active men, women, and children. If you’re hoping to get the whole family involved, these watches could work for you. If you’re an individual, there’s also a worthwhile choice down below.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at some amazing fitness-friendly smartwatches!
1. Lintelek Fitness Tracker
No products found.
This smartwatch fitness tracker is a great option for the whole family. Its adjustable band ensures that it fits comfortably on nearly all wrists and its range of functions makes it one of the most adaptable and practical fitness-tracking smartwatches.
You can track your heart rate, your sleep, and over fourteen different sporting activities with this little device. You can also set alarms with this smartwatch and take pictures. That’s a lot of affordable functionality in one easy-to-use gizmo!
- Battery life is comparatively exceptional and may last up to a week between charges.
- Comes in a dozen varieties of band colors for improved customization.
- A multifunction smartwatch with Bluetooth-enabled notifications and a remote inlaid camera.
- Fits adults, teens, and children.
- The attached app can be frustrating to use.
- The heart rate tracking feature may struggle to accurately reflect heart rate during moderate or intense exercise.
2. BIGGERFIVE Fitness Tracker Watch for Kids
- [ALL-DAY ACTIVITY TRACKING] Automatically tracks your kids steps, distance and calories burned. Supports 10+ activity modes: Walking, Running, Bicycle, Dance,...
- [HEART RATE & SLEEP TRACKER & SILENT ALARM CLOCK] The fitness tracker can automatically monitor your kids daily real-time heart rate and track how well your...
- [IP68 WATERPROOF] IP68 high-grade waterproof allows your kids to carry out more water activities, kids can also wear this fitness tracker watch while enjoying...
Last update on 2023-10-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Many fitness-focused smartwatches for kids trade kid-friendly design for an overabundance of fitness tracking features. The BIGGERFIVE fitness tracker watch doesn’t do this.
Instead, this nifty watch offers a comprehensive amount of potential health tracking applications while also keeping kids entertained and engaged. Besides, its waterproof design ensures that young swimmers can safely keep track of their vitals.
- Customizable watch face background appeals to kids’ creativity.
- The soft, rubber-like band is comfortable enough for all-day wear.
- Waterproof enough to wear in the swimming pool.
- May not be durable enough for all active children and teens.
- Reduced amount of functions may be disappointing for some teens and adolescents.
Check more smartwatches for kids here.
3. YAMAY Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
No products found.
If you’ve been looking for a smartwatch with a more classic, wristwatch design, then this option might be the right one for you. But while it makes an excellent men’s smartwatch or a women’s smartwatch, it may be too large for children.
But despite this sizing issue, the YAMAY smartwatch offers an excellent balance of communication features and health tracking capabilities. For example, you could use this watch for call or text notifications while you’re tracking your heart rate.
- Classic watch face design.
- Has a clear, brightly lit touchscreen display.
- The battery could last up to one month when on standby mode.
- Pedometer function can occasionally glitch.
- The sleep tracking function may incorrectly label certain periods, resulting in false sleep time totals.
4. FITFORT Fitness Tracker with Blood Pressure HR Monitor
No products found.
While the FITFORT smartwatch fitness tracker might not offer much in the way of colour options, it does offer a sleek look and plenty of connectivity features. Unlike other types of fitness trackers, this model offers Bluetooth calling.
You can also stay on top of your social media accounts while you’re on the go thanks to this device’s helpful notifications. With 14 different activities to track, this option allows users greater freedom and a range of exercises to monitor.
- Excellent social media and communication compatibility.
- Has a ton of specific activities to choose from.
- The included app is easy to use and full of practical functions.
- The heart rate tracker may occasionally malfunction.
- The blood pressure monitoring feature can also be inaccurate.
- The pedometer function may miscount steps taken.
5. GOGUM Fitness Tracker
No products found.
The GOGUM smartwatch fitness tracker is a fantastic option for those hoping to get the best of both worlds. With tons of health tracking features and communication functions, this stylish option could be the right pick for you and your household.
With this watch, you can track your heart rate, oxygen level, and sleep. You could also snap a few photos while you’re out and about! Truly, this option offers some of the best functions of smartwatches and fitness trackers.
- Offers almost two dozen different kinds of potential notifications.
- Includes a sedentary and water reminder.
- Relatively waterproof, allowing for all-day wear.
- Some of the features may generate inaccurate readings.
- The battery life of this model could be improved.
Enjoy the Benefits of a Fitness-Focused Smartwatch
Exercise is crucial to living a long and healthy life. But if you’re not keeping track of your burned calories or daily steps, you might not be able to shed fat and gain muscle as effectively as if if you were. Fortunately, a smartwatch could help.
With the right smartwatch, you can keep track of your vitals and workout stats with ease. This could help you stay active and determined. Besides, smartwatches can act as a secondary smartphone and allow you to make calls, send texts, and more.
Getting a great deal on the ideal active lifestyle smartwatch doesn’t have to be an uphill battle. Check out current deals now!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?